Are you looking for a fun, challenging, and incredible outdoor experience for your group this summer? Come to Rolling Thunder River Company to experience the unique camaraderie that only develops on a river rafting trip.
Want to Stay Overnight? Check Out Our Bunkhouses Located at our Nantahala Rafting Center
Over the years, Rolling Thunder’s bunkhouses have been a popular choice for numerous church retreats, Scout outings, family reunions, and a variety of other groups looking to extend their rafting trip overnight. Nestled in the trees behind our Nantahala rafting center, our dormitory style bunkhouses sleep up to 60 people and feature a large adjacent bath house. Each bunkhouse is divided into smaller private sleeping rooms with built-in bunk beds and they are equipped with communal full service kitchens and outside grills to make food preparation simple for groups of any size. Groups can “sleep cheap” in our bunkhouses with rates ranging from $10 to $12 per person per night. Stay one night or stay a week!
Other Nearby Activities and Conveniences
There are numerous other activities and convenience within minutes of our property so you can stay as busy as you like. In addition to river rafting, your group can:
- hike, bike, or walk an amazing array of mountain trails
- swim in beautiful mountain lakes
- enjoy a picnic
- do some bird watching
- go on educational and inspirational excursions
Great Group Rafting and Lodging Deals
We offer several ways groups can save money on their trip to Rolling Thunder.
- Rafting groups of 10 or more can receive discounted rafting and lodging rates.
- Groups can save if they visit during the week instead of the weekend.
- Groups receive off-season rates when visiting before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.
- Groups rafting both rivers during the same week can get discounted rates.
- Groups of 15 or more rafters can spend ONE night in our bunkhouse FREE on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of any week. Space is limited so don’t wait too long to take advantage of this opportunity!*
Our Professional, Knowledgeable, and Friendly Staff
The sheer logistics of getting large groups on the river and off in a smooth and organized manner takes a great deal of experience and precision teamwork. Rolling Thunder has perfected this process during our 40+ years of business. We are a family owned and operated company of highly skilled outdoor professionals who look forward to sharing our love of these majestic mountains and its incredible rivers with your group. Contact us to book your rafting and lodging reservations today.
- *The free Bunkhouse on weeknights offer is only for guided or guide assisted trips not rental.